Love to work with animals and people? We are looking to hire a part-time Front Office Staff person! If you’re interested, please send a cover letter and resume to our Front Desk Office Manager, Alison Barnes. No phone call inquires, please.
Title: Front Office Staff
Reports To: Front Office Manager
Status: Part time 25-30 hours weekly
Maintain efficient operation of the front office and admitting departments by working as part of a talented team of office personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors and volunteers by greeting them, answering questions and directing them to appropriate kennels
- Process applications and do vet references, adoption counseling and education.
- Handle redemptions, including quoting fees, doing paperwork and processing in computer
- Answer a multi-line phone, answering both front and behavior emails
- Use Quickbooks to create invoices and maintain a daily balance
- Take lost and found dog and cat reports
- Take cat and dog photos on at least a weekly basis to update Petfinder.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Do outside visits with potential adopters and dog to dog meetings
- Explain discharge surgical instructions to adopters
- Sell dog licenses to public and adopters, mail them to the County
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to carry out the above responsibilities
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Commitment to the Humane Society’s mission and values.
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues a plus
Work schedule may be flexible, and will require occasional evenings, weekends and holidays. The physical demands of the position include sitting, standing, and walking; occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 50 lbs.; and stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, and seeing.
This job description outlines the general duties of this position and is not intended to imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position.